To support the effective policy development and implementation, NCSD has set out 6 main pillars in its strategic framework:
- National Policy and Legal Framework: to equip Cambodia with the enabling policies and laws needed for securing national environmental and natural resource sustainability.
- Climate Change: To make Cambodia more resilient to climate change impacts, and facilitate progress in building a low carbon society
- Biodiversity: To ensure sustained integrity of Cambodia’s biodiversity
- Green Economy: To drive sustainability in development that secures economic prosperity while safeguarding environmental quality and natural resource integrity
- Science and Technology: To place Cambodia at the forefront in developing and applying the most appropriate and effective policies and technologies to support sustainability
- Operations: NCSD has a modern, flexible, responsive, fully operational and results-based organizational structure and planning framework that is known to be achieving specified results for the people of Cambodia.