ព័ត៌មានបន្ថែមអំពី វិទ្យាសាស្រ្ត និងបច្ចេកវិទ្យា
Five top priorities for coming years include:
- Develop a research ethic in the context of sustainable development;
- Develop national research agenda for sustainable development;
- Develop technology and technology transfer needs assessment for Cambodia;
- Promote awareness raising and human resource development for science and technology;
- Implement nuclear MoUs and Agreements on the cooperation in the field of the use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes with partner’s countries.
Department of Science and Technology is mandated to coordinate the development of policies, guidance and programs to support sustainable development, science, technology and innovation as well as green technology application and enhance public awareness.
The department has duties as follows:
- Develop draft legal instruments, policies, strategic plans, action plans and budget, promote collaboration with relevant stakeholders, build staff capacity of the department, manage finance, conduct internal monitoring, and manage administration relevant to roles and duties of the department;
- Coordinate the development of policy and programmes to support development research and technology application, practices and other forms of innovations to promote sustainable development;
- Coordinate research study to provide scientific information to contribute to development of policies and mechanisms related to sustainable development;
- Coordinate study and evaluation of environmental standard and progress toward sustainable development and opportunity for scientific based improvement;
- Coordinate and support the process to develop joint research study approaches related to sustainable development;
- Develop and strengthen cooperation with development partners, civil society, private sector, academia, and other relevant stakeholders to mobilise resources and support for capacity strengthening and promotion of scientific, technological and innovative research studies;
- Promote public awareness on the roles of science, technologies and innovation in promoting sustainable development;
- Develop code of ethics and mechanism for evaluation of research and innovations related to sustainable development;
- Coordinate with relevant ministry and agency focal point persons for scientific, technological and innovative research study;
- Develop monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, nine-monthly and annual reports of the department and the Secretariat; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned by NCSD’s Secretary General.