The use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes and assurance of nuclear and radiation safety are important factors in ensuring of social and economic development.
The department is coordinating the implementation of the MoUs and Agreements on the cooperation in the field of the use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes with partner’s countries.
Currently, with coordination of DST, Cambodia is having partnership with the Russia Federation and the China on the Nuclear energy for peaceful purpose.
with the Government of the Russian Federation
- MoU between the NCSD and the State Atomic Energy Corporation (Rosatom) on the cooperation in the use of atomic energy for peaceful purposes, 24 Nov 2015
- MoU on the establishment of a Cambodia-Russia Joint Working Group on Cooperation in the use of Atomic Energy for Peaceful Purposes, Mosco 17 May 2016. The joint working group composed of 19 memberships represented 10 ministries-agencies and 5 academic institutions to cooperate and facilitate with the Russian federation in implementing the Cambodia-Russia Federation MoUs on nuclear cooperation.
- MoU on the establishment of Information Center of Nuclear Energy, Moscow 17 May 2016, to facilitate collaboration in arranging joint awareness-raising activities with the Cambodian people relating to nuclear energy for peaceful purposes, nuclear and radiation safety and other related issues; to explore the way of encouraging the initiation and implementation of projects intended for the development of nuclear industry; and implement programs encouraging the young people towards technical education;
- Agreement between the Royal Government of Cambodia and the Government of the Russian Federation on Cooperation in the field of the use of Nuclear Energy for Peaceful Purposes. Vienna, 17 September 2017, to establish and develop the infrastructure of the nuclear energy and nuclear technologies in the Kingdom of Cambodia; to design and construct nuclear facilities, including water desalination facilities, and atomic particle accelerators; to explore and mine uranium deposits, study of mineral raw material base for the development of its nuclear industry; and so on.
with the People’s Republic of China
- MoU between NCSD and China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) on Nuclear Industry Cooperation for Peaceful Purposes, 12 September 2017. The cooperation divided by 2 phases: 1) development of nuclear industry through human resource development, public awareness raising, and application of nuclear technologies in priority sector; and 2) assessment of the country’s capacity and needs required for future development of nuclear energy.